Thursday 30 June 2011

Kcooking

Roll on tomorrow, holidays! yay!

Tonight I've done my weekly baking session, one for home and one for morning tea at the fountain of knowledge tomorrow. That new fancy (not!) yoghurt cake recipe I've acquired and changed to suit. I mentioned it last time. It's pretty yum!
here's what you'll need, all pretty simple stuff, any yoghurt can be used, I have used vanilla and this time mixed berries.
plus a packet of these berries just before it goes in the oven.
Into the bowl of the mixer place the following:
1 cup of caster sugar
1 2/3 cup of Self Raising flour, or you can mix up your own plain flour, baking powder cocktail,
1 teaspoon of vanilla
the grated rind of a lemon
2 eggs
1/3 cup of oil, (I use Rice Bran Oil, but any will do)
1 cup of yoghurt, any flavour or variety
and whatever fruit you want to use, frozen, fresh or canned/tinned.
whisk it all up in the machine,
then pour it into your cake tin ( 24cm for the one volume)
then place your choice of fruit on the top and a sprinkling of brown sugar before you place it into the oven at 180 degrees for 45 mins.

I made some modifications to the recipe *as usual!*. Mine will not have the fruit on top as it will be inverted.
I very easily quadrupled the above quantites(except the lemon zest) in my Kenwood maj to put into 2 of my Nordicware bundt tins and then lowered the temperature back to 165 degrees and kept them cooking away for about 1 and a quarter hours.



the berries sink into the cake, and end up nicely spread through it.


this bigger one looks the best, the other one's berries didn't sink so well.

this one came straight out of it's tin.

this one hung in there for a while

but finally popped right on out.
I can see some big craters on the cake, mmmmn I'll have to work on them next time.

Or just fill 'em up with a cream cheese icing- yee hah!!
There you go, recipe included just for u sis <3, enjoy, j



2 comments:

  1. yummie!!
    looks like I need to get myself some bundt tins......
    have catering this week, wish I had planned better, could have served a new cake for them. never mind, all will be well.

    your loving sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love an easy recipe - all in together girls, just perfect! Thanks for sharing, it might be a way to get more fruit into my child! SP

    ReplyDelete

Go on....speak up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...