Sunday 23 September 2012

What Busy bees we are at the moment!!

I am desperately trying to get things all sprayed for aphids, plants dug up and divided and all new things planted and all set for summer around here.
I've spent heaps on sugar cane mulch and new fruit trees, but I think they look great.

I have planted more citrus trees to thicken a hedge and screen another shipping container and the moved old one- which needs a jolly good clean out!
We have another house to clear out and rearrange/swap/shuffle furniture in our house with. The container was bought before this though- for farm things. Plans have changed.

I'm trying to get all the plants in the ground before the weather gets away from us.
We've had 29 degree Celcius days last week.
And we are packing.
 And Training and practising big time! 
Some State whipcracking title events are on soon.
But that is the kiddos dept- I just organise them.

Red Pierre De Ronsard, on my chookyard fence so a bit ratty and pecked over.
I'm doing the veggie garden today so the chookies will be locked away from them now.


Not quite on focus!
  
Pink Pierrre de Ronsard bud the other day.

In full bloom today.




Mary Rose bud.

Now in full bloom, I have 12 standards of these along the side of the house where the driveway is and they are just beautiful, they welcome us home each day.


The Ladybirds are constantly at the piggy backing business.




The garden is starting to come into bloom, the buds are now all opening up.
The Bee activity is amazing!

We don't often get these native bees here.
The Europeans must scare them off I think.





They get inside these roses and just roll around in them.



We've had a suprise bird in the garden.
a very Migratory Cuckoo. A stormbird.
There were 2 and they made very peculiar sounds.
I think they've been helping themselves to my mulberries.
Hence the red on the beak.




The Hair is almost grown out. I had a haircut yesterday and there is not much colour left.
 We reckon by Feb it will all be gone and I can start to grow it a bit longer.
I really don't like this short hair business!


Don't you hate it when you order a large Sundae for your kids from McDonalds and there's only a small quantity in the container. Last time I actually gave it back and asked them to fill it up -I had ordered a Large! It makes me really cross! Daughter's one was hollow all the way to the bottom.


Hubby asked when we are going to finish the table- It's only got it's hardened tung oil to go on!
This afternoon!
I hope you are not as busy flat out as me!
Have a great rest of the weekend!



5 comments:

  1. Your roses are stunning.

    Hope you get all your jobs done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have a lot going on! So glad you found the time to capture such beautiful nature photos....I really am pining away for that camera and lens you have. I feel like I could reach out and touch those roses and ladybugs/birds.

    Glad you hair is growing out...must be hard to be so patient. I am growing my bangs out a bit as the husband does not like the straight across look. They are driving me batty at the moment. Need to just get through this annoying stage.
    How long do you want your hair to get? Shoulder length?

    Have a lovely day!
    A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Adrienne, I think shoulder length will be great. I just like to be able to clip it up somehow, away from my face and neck.

      I am really enjoying the camera, especially with all that's going on in the garden!

      Delete
  3. Sending encouragement re. your hair!!!! Will be excited to see it in all it's natural glory... when you are ready to reveal it of course... R, Emma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The roses are gorgeous not one in sight here yet! Loving the images your new camera lens is fantastic

    ReplyDelete

Go on....speak up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...