Sunday 3 March 2013

Dog day afternoon

A most unglamourous post today.
All set on my back verandah, which is absolutely dog ravaged at the moment. 
They are getting into anything and everything.

The day has been all about dogs.
I have been working with them all day, and a lot of yesterday for that matter.

No that isn't a poo, it's a nut from the palm trees that are now all bulldozed!)

I started off this morning with the big german shepherd and the baby cairns running together.
I have been very careful not to let the big fella run with them as he is only young and a big boisterous and heavy handed. 
I thought he was a bit too enthusiastic and keen on them.
I actually thought he might see them as something to kill and eat.
He has been so good with them. 
I had him sit with me on his choker chain and lead while I quietened him and let them run around him.



Then I let him loose with his collar and lead on so I could grab him if he was a bit rough.
The Cairn babies decided to take him for a walk.


All was good with only one yelp when he clipped one with his foot when chasing.
Then I took the pups inside and stripped out the baby hair on 2 of them.
Then vacuumed the family room, while they hid and had a little sleep.


Then we went back out onto the verandah where they all played- baby GSD(she's 3 days older than the Cairns, 10 month old GSD and babies!


The one that sooks the most and yelps and howls is the baby GSD. The Cairns have spent quite a bit of time with her and she should be used to them by now. But no, she sooks the most.

Then the red Cairn that we are keeping decided to get the tug of war rope and try to get a GSD to play with her. Yes I laughed, as if she had a chance!


Cheeky thing was teasing the big boy under his bed!!



Then they were completely worn out.




but after a short nap- they're back at it!
Now I'm locking up the pups and off to try to find some black swans spotted on a dam near here.





1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love dog posts. You know me!
    What a cute, fun bunch of pups! They would be constant entertainment for me too.

    ReplyDelete

Go on....speak up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...